From an organisational perspective, professional supervision can be used as a tool to achieve workplace goals and objectives. These may include improving staff retention and organisational culture (seen as a learning organisation offering regular professional development) and promoting best-practice in the workplace by ensuring staff work safely and ethically.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who undertakes Professional Supervision?
In short, anyone working within the many ‘helping professions’ – this may include (but is not limited to):
What can I expect to gain from Professional Supervision?
- Recurring opportunities for professional development through a trusting relationship that invites you to consider your work practices.
- A safe space to self-reflect/assess strengths and tackle any perceived weaknesses (or areas requiring improvement)
- The feeling of being understood, validated and supported
- Opportunities to debrief and develop workload strategies that may enhance your practice
- Information around self-care and time management
- Guidance through ethical dilemmas and conflicts of interest – setting boundaries
- Invitations to ‘think outside the box’ and develop ‘strategic’ as opposed to ‘reactive’ practice strategies
- Up to date research to ensure currency of practice
- Alternative role modelling in practice
- Practical advice around theory and practice in the real world
- Opportunities to discuss and combat ways in which work impacts on you/your family or significant others
- A sounding board for dilemmas around organisational versus client needs
- Ideas for professional advancement and goal-setting
- A sense of belonging to your professional community.
How do I arrange Professional Supervision services?
How much can I expect to pay?
Confidentiality: Confidentiality is assured except when information received warrants notification to relevant authorities to protect someone from harm or to prevent commissioning of a crime. Your supervisor will discuss the boundaries of confidentiality during your first session.
Ready to explore new horizons?
Get in touch with our team to discover what it is you're looking for. Let's talk!
Send us a message!
We'll be in touch shortly.