Counselling Services

Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)

Dog Pencil Panel.jpg

Northern Frontiers can provide professional support for employees under a negotiated 

Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).

EAP, you talk, we listen

Our counselling services are governed by an ethical code that ensures confidentiality and a high level of experience and professionalism in helping individuals across a broad range of work and life issues that may be impacting on their social and emotional well-being and functioning in the workplace. Issues may include:

Empoyee Assistance Programme (EAP) deals with life issues
  • Workplace Conflict

  • Dealing with Change

  • Bullying or Harassment

  • Burnout

  • Relationship Difficulties

  • Stress

  • Communication

  • Life’s Transitions (Relocation/Change in Employment Status)

  • Grief & Loss

  • Anger Management

  • Self-Esteem

  • Decision-Making


If you are an employee a counsellor can help you make sense of your situation by identifying problematic emotional and behavioural patterns that may be causing your unhappiness and assist in replacing them with more positive ones. Or it may be that you need to find constructive ways of dealing with a situation that is beyond your personal control. With increased self-awareness and skill, you will be better-equipped to get your needs met without hurting others – or request others treat you with more care and respect.

  • Referral Service

From time to time your counsellor may refer you to another professional for assistance. This could be a General Practitioner if the Counsellor believes your needs require clinical assessment. Or it could be that the complexity of your need requires referral to another specialist service whilst continuing to access support through Northern Frontiers.. Wherever possible referrals are made to free services or those that are within your capacity to pay. 

In addition to counselling, an accredited Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (FDRP) is available to provide information and mediation services for families experiencing family separation. The FDRP can assist with Parenting Plans and Property Settlement and is qualified under the Family Law Act 1975 to issue Section 601 certificates where appropriate. Check with your Human Resource Manager first to see if fees for this service are covered under your organisation's Employee Assistance Programme - if not, consider self-funding - mediation offers a way of staying in control of your family's future without the stress and expense of going to court.

Flexible Appointment Times: From 7.30am - 4.00pm weekdays and from 8:30 Sundays - which means there's no need to disrupt your busy work/life schedule. Out of hours appointments tend to fill fast so please book early to avoid disappointment. Simply call 1300 90 81 70 or email: